Busking and street entertainment
Street entertainers and buskers do not need a licence but we have a voluntary code of conduct to help you observe the law on noise and obstruction.
- Performances should not be directed 'at' specific premises.
- Be considerate about volume. We prefer acoustic.
- Try not to be repetitive. Go for an hour at a time only. Louder performances should be shorter.
- Performances must end by 9pm.
- If you're likely to draw a large crowd, for example if you're an acrobat, then think about where you're less likely to cause congestion.
- Don't obstruct shop fire exits.
- Don't use street property as a prop; for example, fixing a rope to a tree.
- You take full responsibility for your performance. This means it's a good idea to get Public Liability insurance.