Moving home

Tell us you are moving home or into the area

If you are moving home, you should let us know within 21 days of the date of your move.

Use the moving home form to tell us your moving home, including moving into or out of the Canterbury City Council area or to tell us about a second home in this area.

What will happen next?

If you are moving into the area or to another address in this area

A new account for that property will be opened and a bill with the new instalment details on will be sent to you.

If you are moving out of the area or will no longer be liable for Council Tax

We can then close your account and send you a bill for any money still owed or give you a refund.

If you have overpaid on your old account

The credit will be transferred to the new address, if you are still due to pay us.

Further information

If you have difficulty paying your Council Tax, or you think the details on your bill are wrong, please let us know straight away.

You must tell us about any other changes in your circumstances that could affect your Council Tax.

A - Z of council services